I was always a fan of the Notepad program built-in to Macintosh Classic, but it wasn’t until after having a discussion of its benefits to a co-worker that I decided to go ahead and just make my own version of it.
Download it and give it a try. It’s under the MIT license, so do whatever the hell you want with it– source is available.
- Create as many note pages as you want, there is no limit
- All program state, including note text, selections, window size and position, is preserved
- Notes are automatically saved every five minutes (can be disabled to increase laptop battery life)
- Change font face/size/style
- Export all notes to a text file
- No printing support
- No drag&drop support